Sunday, May 3, 2015

2007 - before and after

In 2007, with a young toddler, I thought maybe continuing on the theme of Sport Death was going to result in weird looks when we weren't at Steer Roast, and I wanted to make a shirt my kid could wear more than once.

So we took a photo of of our daugther in a kiddie swing, and used it as the basis for the front of the shirt. The back is based on a photo of someone much more adventurously swinging from the Senior House tire swing, pulled off the Senior House website at the time.   This shirt is probably still my favorite all time design.   It's now been worn to death by two kids and you can barely read the image on it anymore, so I guess we succeeded.

Also our first experience with iron-on t-shirt transfers for dark t-shirts - partly for creative flexibility (nobody was doing on demand t-shirt printing on black Ts in 2007, let alone black toddler sized Ts) and partly to enable last minute work. I remember ironing this onto the shirt the morning of the feast, and at the lighting of the pit the night before she was wearing the pastel onesie from the year before.

The design:





In action:







No comments:

Post a Comment